Recommended Kit List for Outdoor Events
See below for our recommended Kit List:
Make sure to add your own essentials that may be important for the safety and comfort of all attending.
Even though it's the start of our summer, ovenight temperatures can drop considerabley.
1. Equipment Checklist? Check! Make a list of all the essential equipment you will need.
Ensure everything is working correctly before you need them on the night.
2.Proper Socks Make sure you have thick hiking socks to go to bed in to help keep your body
temperature up throughout the night. Click-heat pads are another great way to get some extra heat.
3. Layer Up Make sure to bring extra layers that you can put on over the course
of the night as your body adjusts to being outdoors and as the temperature
drops. Thermal base layers should be a staple on your kit list.
4. Food for Fuel Keep warm from the inside by eating a nice, hearty, warm meal to fuel you for the night.
5. Before You Nod Off If you’re still feeling chilly before bedtime then drink
something warm or do some star jumps: you’ll be warmer in minutes! Take a second
to check that you’re wearing dry clothes before falling asleep too.
6. Sleeping Bag Tip Even if you have a thick sleeping bag, you should think about investing in a
liner for extra heat. It’s also worth checking what temperature your sleeping bag is recommended
for and making sure this is appropriate for the weather forecast for your event.
S = Surface: what surface are
you going to sleep on?
L = Layers: what will you wear
inside your sleeping bag?
E = Eat and drink: have you got
enough fuel to keep warm?
E = Extremities: are your hands, feet
and head going to stay warm?
P = Protection: how are
you going to stay dry?
Terms & Conditions of Sleeping Out at McEwan Park (Dec 7)
1. 'You' and 'your' refers to the Official Wrist banded Participant. 'We', 'us' and 'our' refers to DestinationHutt (DH Charitable Trust Inc. This 'agreement' means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us for this event (Worlds Big Sleep Out (NZ).
2. Donation via Worlds Big Sleep Out (NZ) & Givealittle and the official QR Coded and Numbered Receipt Issued, represent the entry ‘ticket’ when exchanged for an official event wristband on the night and are not transferable.
3. No refund or exchange on any donation as it is not deemed a ticket sale.
4. As this event is part FREE Admission (Santa at Sunset) and the Sleep Out portion is admission by donation the entertainment content has been donated to the event itself. The event organisers have the right to alter elements of the event, including any advertised personal appearances, in our sole discretion.
5. The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the organiser's and the venues terms of admission.
6. Audio, Photographic or visual recordings of the stage performances are prohibited. Still cameras (not professional) are permitted into the venue but images may only be used for private purposes, not public display. Patrons consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the event and for these recordings to be used by the event promoter.
7. It may be a condition of entry that a search of person or possessions will be required at the time of entry to the venue.
8. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with your event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
9. You acknowledge that neither we nor the event organiser will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the event by you or your invitees.
10. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the event by you, your directors, employees, agents, contractors or invitees.
11. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone an event for any reason.
12. The Santa at Sunset event is all ages> The Sleep Out Section is strictly 18+. ID must be available on request. This Is a NO SMOKING and NO ALCOHOL Event. Purchasing or supplying alcohol for a minor is illegal. Underage drinkers, excessive drinkers, illegal drug users or patrons displaying antisocial behaviour will be dealt with by police and removed from the event. Uniform and undercover police will be in attendance. Please do not drink and drive.
13. The Worlds Bid Sleep Out is an area of TOTAL FIRE BAN. Patrons detected using flame including camp fires, gas bottles, flares or fireworks will be fined by the New Zealand Fire Service.
14. The Organiser cares for the environment and our community. Please be respectful and drive slowly, don’t litter and use public toilets.
15. All conditions of participation will comply with Hutt City Council’s Bylaws and are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
16. BYO Low/sand chairs, picnic rug, and cushion seating is okay. Full Chairs, and umbrellas are not permitted.
Food & beverages are available for sale for all tastes and budgets, alternatively you may bring you own picnic hamper.
17. Patrons are permitted to bring unopened non-alcoholic beverages. Please do not bring glass into the venue.
18. No animals (except guide dogs) allowed.
19. Concert management retain the right to inspect all items brought into the venue including Chilly Bins, baskets and bags, patrons will not be permitted entry with prohibited items.
20. Space is limited on the green so please keep others in mind when securing your spot on the green.
21. Parking is available McEwan Park. Alternatively, transport / Shuttle Buses will also be available. And Taxis.
22. If it rains, the show will go on. The show will only be abandoned if conditions are deemed dangerous.
23. No open fires, naked flames or disposable BBQ's